Haiwang Hydrocyclones are used in a variety of applications including classification, desliming, fines recovery, densifying and dewatering.
Haiwang has collected field data from hundreds of applications, allowing process engineers to make the accurate selection of size and configuration for each application using computer simulations. Performance is based on the configuration of the inlet area, vortex finder diameter, underflow and overflow diameters, cylindrical sections, and cone angle.
Typical application of hydrocyclones
- Minerals (e.g. Kaolin, Feldspar, Talcum, Chalk,Q uartz, Gypsum, Bentonite, Zircon)
- Ores (e.g. Iron ore, Bauxite, Zinc ore, Tin ore, Manganese ore, Chromite ore, Niobium-Tantalite-ore)
- Chemical intermediates
- Mineral raw materials and by-products (e.g. foundry sand, slag, Si-SiC-slurry, abrasives)
Principle of operation
Centrifugal forces are the effective principles of the separation processes in the hydrocyclones. The suspended particles are thrown radially to the outside. Because of the magnified field of force, high settling rates, fast separation and high load are obtained. Flow promoting designs ensure high accuracy of separation.
Features and advantages
- Optimum separation characteristic at varying operation parameters
- Homogeneous and equal pressure distribution of the suspension on every hydrocyclone in operation
- Long life time of hydrocyclones and distributors due to appropriate selection of material for each application
- Simple in operation
- Fast and trouble-free changing of wear-parts
- Modular system is achieved by using simple connectors and adaptors
- Low weight of single parts
- Easy adaption to changed operation parameters
- FDA approval available > food proof